Oral Food Challenges (OFC’s) are the gold standard for food allergy diagnosis. Blood tests and skin prick tests for food allergy yield many false positive results leading to many “worried well” who may be placed on inappropriate and expensive therapies. Furthermore, false negative results may leave allergic patients at risk of accidental exposure.
OFC’s have been shown to improve the quality of life of patients as they can give individuals an indication as to whether they are likely to react to foods carrying ‘may contain’ allergen labels. In addition, OFC’s provides an opportunity for the critical training of patients in the use of rescue medication.
Reacta Healthcares’ products are manufactured in a world-class Pharma GMP accredited facility with the goal of being the first regulatory-approved OFC available on the market.
Why Use Reacta Healthcares’ OFC?
- Reacta Healthcares’ technology facilitates a change in clinical practice giving physicians an easy to use, regulated and controlled OFC
- There is a significant discrepancy in the prevalence of sensitisation (as indicated by in vitro tests) vs. prevalence of OFC proven food allergy which presents a unique opportunity for a disruptive diagnostic technology
- Leading a new Quality of Care paradigm
- Reacta Healthcares’ goal is to regularise and professionalise the OFC process.
Reacta Healthcare’s technology is addressing an unmet need for standardised, stable, accurate & fully blinded high-quality OFCs:
For routine clinical practice as a companion diagnostic for food allergy therapies:
- To determine requirement to initiate therapy
- As a monitoring tool to assess ongoing therapeutic success
- Provide patients with an indication of their level of tolerance to an allergen
For placebo-controlled food challenges for use in clinical trials
- Reacta Healthcare’s technology facilitates a change in clinical practice giving allergologists a pharmaceutical grade, controlled dose OFC.
Reacta Healthcare’s Peanut OFC is currently being used in both academic and commercial Clinical Research. Please refer to our PIPELINE page for exciting new developments.
Get In Touch
Reacta Healthcare are ready to work with early stage companies through to large pharmaceutical companies to support bespoke manufacturing needs.